Vaughan’s 2016-2017 Science Olympiad Team
Dear Parents of 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders,
Your child is eligible to earn a spot on our Science Olympiad team this year. You will find pertinent information on our FaceBook page about the team as well as the application to apply. Applications and teacher recommendations are due online no later than September 9th.
Here are the steps:
- Like us on FaceBook: Vaughan Rockets Science Olympiad Team
- Complete the online application (Due September 9th) : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1I4DlJfEAS8Dw_MvY061wFdLs5y1KU_w08MOQjghm_CQ/viewform?edit_requested=true
- Ask your child’s teacher from last year to complete a recommendation. If you are unable to contact last year’s teacher, please ask the current teacher.
(Due September 9th):
- Prepare for a general science test of knowledge to be conducted on September 13th or 14 Refer to the FaceBook page for study guides for the grade specific exams. Exams are cumulative from the students’ previous year in school.
- Exam on September 13th or 14th
The team will be announced on September 23rd, and the first SO meeting will be on October 11th in the STEM Lab from 2:30-3:45.
You may also refer to Mrs. Pitts’ blog to access the application, teacher recommendation form, study guides, and the slideshow from the parent informational meeting held on August 18th.
Mrs. Pitts’ Blog: http://vaughanrockets.typepad.com/stacy_pitts/
(Select: “Science Olympiad” Category on the left hand side of the home page)
The Science Olympiad Co-Leaders,
Egypt Charles and Tina Sensing